With the holiday season in full swing, you may be preparing to head out on the open road and spend time visiting with family members and friends. As many others likely plan to do the same, you may encounter a significant increase in traffic congestion as you navigate Alabama roads during this season.
Before heading out for the holidays, you might find it helpful to understand the potential safety risks involved with this sudden increase in traffic patterns. With the chance that drivers nearby may have other things on their minds than your health, being prepared for every scenario could prove vital.
Holiday driving hazards
Knowing the most common holiday driving hazards you may encounter could play an integral role in helping you stay safe as you travel. Some of the possible hazards you might encounter could include:
- Impaired drivers: With social gatherings and celebrations happening all around, there is a higher chance you may encounter an impaired driver during the holiday season.
- Distracted drivers: Distracted driving continues to be a major issue and with more things to take a driver’s mind off the task at hand during the holidays, being on your guard for such behavior could prove imperative.
- Drowsy drivers: Holiday plans can also lead to demanding schedules that could leave many feeling fatigued, and those who drive while drowsy have a higher chance of creating a dangerous scenario.
- Angry drivers: The stress of holiday traffic could also make some drivers more susceptible to road rage, and an angry driver might not always make decisions with your safety in mind.
- Weather as a concern: As the presence of adverse weather could also pose a risk to your safety, understanding how to handle the combination of holiday traffic and weather could be vital.
While you may feel it vital to take every possible measure to stay safe during this season, unfortunately, you cannot expect others to place the same level of importance on your well-being as you do.
After an accident
Should the actions of another driver cause a collision that leaves you with severe injuries, you could be wondering about your available options for legal recourse. Following such a stressful experience, it might be in your best interests to speak with someone with intricate knowledge of such matters for advice on how best to approach the situation. By seeking guidance, you may find yourself in a much better position to pursue the full amount of compensation you deserve through a personal injury claim.